Casting vision is an important aspect of leading a youth ministry. The following are 6 tips I sent to a friend who asked for some advice in writing a vision talk for his youth group kick-off talk. (I’m guessing they are applicable in any ministry).
- Keep it big. Help people see the size of the vision.
- Keep it small. Help people see how they can be part of it in their own way.
- Don’t tackle too much. You might refer to each purpose, but you wouldn’t want to explain each in length.
- Remember your audience. Have something younger have something older. eg “if you’re in yr 7 it might look like this”, “if you’re in yr 12…”
- Remind people of the gospel. The cross of Jesus ought to drive all of our preaching and ministry.
- Get people pumped!
1 warm fuzzy to the first person to name the location of the Thai Restaurant in the above picture…